Incentives for Joining Waco Volunteer Fire Department:
- Training in firefighting, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT),
Haz-Mat, and Technical Rescue strategies.
- Membership in the Cleveland County and North Carolina State
- Ability to Join the Firemen’s and Rescue Squad Worker’s Pension Fund
To become a member of Waco Volunteer Fire Department you must be at
least 16 years old and complete the following:
- Live within 1
mile of our original or current Fire District. (For more info contact
- Obtain an application from Waco Volunteer Fire Department.
Click here to print
- Obtain a CERTIFIED criminal
background check from county of residence (Cleveland or Gaston) or, if
you just moved here, from your last county of residence.
- Obtain a CERTIFIED driving history from NCDMV or if you just moved here,
from your last state of residence.
- Return all of the above
information to any meeting throughout the year, held on the first and
third Thursdays of every month.
*Please note that both the background
check and criminal background check are at your own expense*
Contact a recruitment officer
for more information.